Monday, January 31, 2011

electric relaxation

Yesterday was my birthday. And as has been the case the last 11 years, it came at the end of my involvement with the Sundance Film Festival. You see, I work in Salt Lake the 10 days of the Festival checking in with the theater managers to make sure everything is running smoothly. It's usually fairly cushy...I make rounds and answer questions and get to catch a few films. This year however, we had new management teams at the busiest of Salt Lake theaters so everyday I found myself running from my regular job to that theater where I would work another 8 hours or so for 10 days straight. It was fun, but also completely exhausting.

So this year when Aaron or Tasha asked what I wanted to do for my birthday the answer was easy; I wanted to sit on my couch in sweatpants and eat pizza. No moving. The whole day. Nothing else. For good measure I fit in an hour of church and the first exercise I'd gotten to in a week, but other than that, it was sleep and treats and movies and family stopping by. Next year is the big 3-0...I'll put some real pants on for that one (maybe).




And of course all of you friends who didn't see me, I will still be accepting gifts throughout the rest of the week.

2 comments:

cropstar said...

happy belated bday. looks like it was perfect :)

Greg and Jayne said...

I think Wyatt should drink caffeine free Dr. Pepper... And I'm so glad it was a nice day. Just what birthday should be.