Thursday, February 25, 2010

lady friend

This Saturday Kristina gets married. Kristina and I met at church nearly 5 years ago (we're old Kristina!) and she has been dear to my heart ever since. There are lots of reasons...she's a scientist, she's an artist, she's easy going, she makes really great enchiladas. But mostly, she's been a great friend and I love the way she thinks; she has really influenced me in a lot of the ways I process things.

So to send her off, we threw her a bridal shower last week. And because Kristina is so mellow and the shower so small, we did a little crafting instead of bridal shower gaming.

Christopher actually came up with a periodic table inspired design of everyone's initials and we stenciled them on reusable muslin bags to keep vegetables in.

The ink took to the muslin really well, so the bags ended up really cute...made it worth sewing all those bags together!

Of course we still did all get her sexy gifts (this one was too sexy to show in full)!

Congratulations Kristina!

4 comments:

Whits said...

Want.

those are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Emily, you are the queen of craftiness! How do you (and Christopher) think of this stuff?

Jamie said...

Aw - I love those faces. Wish I lived in Utah.:(

Mimi said...

Super cute idea! You are such a great friend to give such a personal and thoughtful shower. I bet your friends are excited to return the kindness!