Thursday, January 20, 2011

i'm on fire

We had a small graduation party for Aaron on Saturday night. My brain only computes two party categories: Everyone I Know or like 6 people over for dinner, so with some self-restraint I managed to keep it small(ish) sized per his request.

Mid-week he decided on a nacho theme for the food and we ended up busting out all the stops. Aaron refried beans, found a great cheese recipe, and made pico to his liking. I did help with guacamole and some vegetable cutting, but in case it seems I made him do everything for his own party, remember guys, he's Mexican- he likes cooking while a white lady bosses him around!

Behold, the work (except the beans and cheese which were on the stove):

Behold, the payoff:

Also, when Morgan comes over he immediately wants to watch The Fantastic Mr. Fox. Usually that means everyone watches The Fantastic Mr. Fox in the living room, but this time since it was a party, we moved him to the computer in our room. I couldn't handle how adorable he looked perched on the chair, watching so intensely.

I know some people drink water or things not full of fake, but I don't know those people...I count party success in empty soda cans.

No comments: