Tuesday, February 1, 2011

twilight galaxy

Over the weekend I finished knitting a pair of mittens that I started a few weeks ago. This is important for a few reasons:

1) even though I've been knitting for 6 years it's the first non-scarf or hat or other straight shot simple project I've knitted and,
2) it only took me a few weeks from start to finish (as opposed to starting one winter and finishing the next)

I think the hat frenzy I went into for Christmas got me in a good knitting place and my friend Corinne's persistence in getting together a monthly knitting group really did the job. At the beginning of January she suggested we try a cute mitten pattern and though it was 'Bella inspired' I figured no one besides the girl who came up with the pattern really cared about Twilight movie mittens. Wrong-zo. Do all of you know that grown-up ladies go nuts for that teenage vampire stuff?

Turns out when Tasha went to pick up our yarn and needles the knitting store lady informed her that they had taught like 30 Bella mitten classes last year; their top seller.

So whatever, I have Twilight mittens.



But I have CUTE Twilight mittens!

4 comments:

heidikins said...

I would have never known the Twilight connection, I would have just thought they are cute mittens. :)

xox

Kylie said...

They look SO AWESOME! Good job! I hope one day I can knit like you. :)

corinne said...

i hope one day i can finish my mittens like you! i love the electric blue. so proud!

marshall p said...

those are super cute mittens, regardless of the twilight ref.

where did you get the pattern? hmm? hmm?