Monday, July 6, 2009

all of the above

I don't think I have yet told the internet my summer goals and since something doesn't count unless the internet knows, then I have endangered my summer already. I mean, I hadn't really made a list of summer goals at all, but over the weekend I realized that I was fulfilling some that were floating around in my head. So I will bold and punctuate excessively with exclamation points those things so you know how productive I am being so far.


Friday I went camping with some friends. I want to go like 5 times so I am 1/5 of the way there!!!!!!!!!!


And I figured if I'm going to camp all the time I needed to buy some gear to use for future camping trips. Headlamp!!! I'm ready now for anything!!!!!

The Cache Valley Drive-In car show and parade is one of my favorite summer events and it happened to fall on the 4th of July weekend this year so Saturday I went with all of these people.

This year was extra fun because Morgan was there and he didn't even exist this time last year.

Oh yeah, and someone actually painted their car with bills and then was actually proud of it. Make fun of obnoxious Hummers and new cars in parade!!!! Done-zo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were also bikes involved,

and Tasha's awesome 4th of July outfit.

Then I got ticked off for a while about something, but meeting up with these friends in Bear Lake for fireworks was to the rescue.

Even though we stayed in Logan, Danny and Aaron and I went back to Bear Lake yesterday for lake swimming, which is the best swimming. Even though I was too cold to get in, I count reading Us on the beach as participating.


And does anyone want to boycott Sand Nutz dot com with me? (look closely)

Before heading home Danny and Aaron and I enjoyed Raspberry shakes. Get a raspberry shake in Bear Lake!!!!!!!!!!! Even if all the Bear Lake raspberries are really from Idaho!!!!


Oh I love you summertime. And you too, America.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I love your summertime.

See, it's a play on your ending sentence there.

Brittany said...

I was in Logan over the 4th! I didn't go to the car show but saw lots of people who were! Too bad I didn't know you were there, I could have found you to say hi. Glad you are having a good summer. Summer is seriously the best. Last night we went to the park with the kids and then got ice cream cones and as we were driving home with the windows down my girls said it doesn't get any better than this. I totally agreed!

k8 said...

man, that car show. that's where i need to be next year!

Mimi said...

Looks like a great start to summer. Surprised you don't like the nutz thing since your favorite quote AYHSB includes that sort of thing.

Ems said...

ha! mimi...so true! I guess I like my dirty words best in code and not accompanied by explicit illustrations.

Katy and Mike said...

So now that you've got camping gear, I guess I'll count you in for next year's 4th of July backpacking trip. Can't wait!

Lolo said...

is that my bike?