Monday, February 14, 2011

it looks like love

Happy Valentine's Day! Or as I now prefer to say, Happy Anna Howard Shaw Day!

I maybe overcompensated this holiday because of an under-festive Christmas, but I also found the repetition of these projects calming the last few weeks. But sorry Aaron that you are living surrounded by pretty, sparkly hearts.

I have paper hearts for some lady friends,

glitter hearts for the window,

crochet hearts for a Valentine's Day birthday girl,

and cookie hearts for work (and me).

But besides going overboard, I do like Valentine's cus it's a nice chance to tell all the people you love, that you love them.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I love you internet.

Truly.

(Valentine's also wins cus it has a monochromatic color palette...I love going in stores and seeing displays ranging from dark red to light pink).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome! all of it- especially the garland! thanks for teaching us how to make those adorable crochet hearts. they were super fun to make once i got the hang of it!

k8 said...

my garland is still up in my cube. i don't have the "heart" to take it down. HA!
But seriously, so many compliments.

Mimi said...

If Katie gets a garland cause she's a sister, do i get one cause i'm kinda a sister by marriage? So cute. Happy Valentines Day, hope Aarie did something really nice for you.

k8 said...

mimi-emily probably knows that the only way i would have a decoration in my house is if she gives it to me.