Wednesday, July 14, 2010

long way home

Aaron and I have lived in our apartment for 6 weeks. A week before that, we ordered a couch. Well, two couches because my comfort driven husband and his entertaining driven wife wanted plenty of comfortable space for people who visit. We went to Macy's and to my delight, finally pulled the trigger on the couch I've coveted forever.

Behold, the Corona:

I saw it posted once on Grassrootsmodern and ever since have occasionally checked back on it, dreaming about when it would be mine. I've always had roommates with couches so I've never purchased...but I knew I could convince my current roommate!

So we bought the loveseat and the couch and since we chose an in stock color, we were supposed to be sitting pretty 2 weeks later. We figured that by 3 weeks into our new home, we'd be ready for guests for sure!

Well...we still don't have a couch. We have a love seat, but no couch. No couch means no final furniture arrangement. No final furniture arrangement means no art on the walls or stuff put away. And no art on the walls or stuff put away means we still look like we just moved in. Plus just a loveseat means this is how we fit trying to watch movies together.

So you are welcome to come squeeze in with us for yet another 2 weeks until the couch arrives (don't make me bad mouth you any more Macy's). Just don't judge the 4 lamps sitting next to you on the floor.

1 comment:

Whits said...

Ummm that couch is kickass.

We have a borrowed couch from my mom that is so awesomely comfortable but we have a cat that loves to launch its huge 20 lb self off of it, so we get to have an awesome ratty beach towel on the back. Nothing says, welcome to our home like that!

And I hate macy's too.