Monday, July 12, 2010

Everybody's Gotta Live

I love the 4th of July. There are lots of reasons (first and foremost because I effin love America), but I think in part because while all holidays mature with you as you get older, the 4th of July stays the same. A lot of holidays loose their magic but fireworks and sparklers are still exciting. Red, white and blue food is still fun. And gathering with family and friends for barbecues is still something to look forward to.

On top of that, the past few years the Cache Valley Cruise-In has coincided with the 4th of July weekend, which gives me two more reasons on top of my regular reasons to go to Logan.

This is the house my grandmother was born in (I love Morgan and my grandma in this photo).

It is conveniently located on the path of the car show parade.

So we sit on the curb and watch cars go by.

My grandparents supply SO MUCH SODA (Aaron and I used those wash bins at our wedding for the same purpose).

And for the holiday, I thought I had done a good job on a 4th of July outfit with this multi-cultural red, white and blue combo.

But then Tasha showed up and America-ed the hell out of my attempt,

and had one of her children dressed in actual starred and striped shorts.

Morgan's brother Wyatt exists this year and was also outfit ready for the holiday in blue.

So I did the only thing you can do with new babies...tried to eat him up starting at his tender, baby neck.

The next day, Logan and Kristen and Aaron and I started with a bike ride to inaugurate my new bike.

Which according to my athletic brother and sister-in-law and bike crazy husband meant taking me nearly 30 miles up a canyon (I was too grumpy and tired to take photos there)...thanks guys!
At least it was all beautiful and there was the sweet reward of zipping down the canyon and getting home on flat streets through Logan farmland.

Then Kristen and I relaxed on the kind of warm beaches of Bear Lake,

while the boys eased themselves into the cold water (no thanks).

I wish every weekend was a low pressure, yet fun, holiday weekend!

1 comment:

k8 said...

is logan riding a dinosaur? almost as cute as morgan's pants.