Friday, August 7, 2009

i don't wanna be

So maybe I'm 27 and still shop at stores meant for teenage girls. Enough so that my friend Elin often asks me if I'm wearing anything I ordered from Delia's. And I laugh and kid "oh ha ha, I should start dressing like a grown-up more right?" though secretly I think I'm cool because hey, I'm young and stylish!

Until last night when this showed up unsolicited in the mail with my name on it.


I'm out. I can no longer be associated with anything that is associated with these creepy kids.


Kill me if I ever get that bad.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Emily! It's better to get that than the opposite. On a bi-monthly basis I get things like "Coldwater Creek." Bue the latest and greatest came 2 weeks ago - "As we change." A catalogue for lasies dealing with you know what who like ot buy ugly tummy control bathing suits. Be grateful for Alloy and Delia's!

becky said...

emily, let's be honest, sometimes Delia's just has some really cute pieces.

Anonymous said...

Bless you people.

I thought I was the only girl in her mid twenties still getting (and buying from) the Delia's catalog.

I wish I still had the wingtip shoes I bought in 7th grade.

Sra said...

I'm 26 and I just ordered some things from Delia's yesterday. I was a little ashamed while doing it, though.

Ems said...

I DO love Delia*s. I don't mean to say that I think it's on the same level as Journey's...it's just that when you get the Journey's catalog it makes you question everything.

becky said...

i said something about Delia's to my friend and he goes "i only know what you're talking about because my 16 year old sister gets that catalog in the mail."

roast