Thursday, August 13, 2009

the fox

My first grade teacher, Mrs. Lemberg, read James and the Giant Peach to us as a reward for good class behavior. When I was little enough to have the chore of walking on my dad's back we read The BFG together 2 times (well he read outloud, I walked around his back until I complained enough for us to move to the couch and then I read outloud). The Twits, Matilda, The Witches, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Danny the Champion of the World...the way those Roald Dahl books shaped my little brain makes me already excited for my future 8 year olds because I love his worlds where children are smart and goodness wins. I need to read more of his grown up stuff but his account of childhood stories, Boy, is a great and quick read. Plus I want to get my hands on the book about him being an actual spy!

I've appreciated the film adaptations up to this point, and while I'm still waiting for someone to do The BFG (cus favorite), this new Fantastic Mr. Fox looks so, so great.

Man, I wish I had a kid (not really)!

2 comments:

k8 said...

what the what?? clooney? streep? murray? shwartzman??? wilson????

how did this book escape me I wonder. I read ALL the others. still the greatest kids books of all time. Ah the BFG. I love.

Mimi said...

This looks FANTASTIC! Have you seen the trailer for Where the wild things are? This looks like a pretty fun movie too!