Wednesday, March 25, 2009

the road


I just finished watching Freaks and Geeks for the first time ever. And I discovered that like all really great shows, the general public was too dumb to appreciate it in it's time so we only have one season of this little gem. Which is too bad because it's soooooooooo awesome. Like so awesome. Like Netflix it or rent it right now if you've never watched it.

And while I love Daniel Desario as much as the next adult woman, I gotta say that I think teenage me would have loved to run across a Nick Andopolis. He won my heart for sure. Well they all did, everyone in the show is just so, so great. I'm glad that really most of those kids have gone on to other great things (like Undeclared which I've started watching today).

And just mini-soapbox...why is it that shows with a smart but slightly awkward teenage heroines lose out (Freaks and Geeks, My So-Called Life) while mean girls and pretty girls rule the ratings (Gossip Girl, 90210)?

Just mini-soapbox cus remember that I love Gossip Girl.

7 comments:

megan said...

I just finished watching Freaks and Geeks for the third time last week and the thing is, it never stops being sooo good.
Also, isn't Steven Karp adorable?

kai said...

Maybe it takes a couple of re-watches to appreciate him, but I think Bill Haverchuck is the greatest character of them all.

Lizbot said...

I did the same thing a few months ago--Netflixed this show and totally LOVED it. For real, I had a huge crush on Nick. Duh. And yes, I agree with Kai. Bill made me laugh outloud more than anyone. That kid is fantastic. (p.s. my new home teacher totally reminds me of him, slightly in looks and also in mannerisms)

Ems said...

oh yeah, Haverchuck is TOTALLY great. his delivery, his expressions...so amazing. I think even love the geeks in general more than the freaks because those three are so great together. I really love the episode when the new girl hangs out with them.

Ems said...

(megan I love Steven Karp so far...Jay Baruchel might be my favorite of that Apatow crew)

k8 said...

wait hold the phone...jason segal was on this show???oh i'm buying it.

Greg and Jayne said...

Uh, the goofy little kid Sam Weir, is John Francis Daley who very handsome in that great hair, dimples and wonderful mouth kind of way. Dr. Sweets on "Bones".