Thursday, March 19, 2009

after the gold rush

You know how there will always be people better than you at everything? Or more successful or more together or more able to eat candy and not gain weight? And most of the time it's no big deal cus, who cares? But then sometimes it gets to you (cus you let it).

Luckily feeling a little down coincides with a weekend run south to classy Vegas! Dallas and Aaron and I are going today in an attempt to sun ourselves like lizards on desert rocks. It's going to be great. Although when I texted them earlier asking them what treats they wanted Dallas responded with a request for rice crackers, cucumbers, and hummus. Figures...

8 comments:

Megan said...

oh you lucky lucky girl. please enjoy that vegas sunshine on my behalf. and anytime you feel like you're not the bees knees, call me and i'll reassure you that you certainly are the knees of all the bees. every last one.

also, even though rice crackers, cucumbers, and hummus are "healthy" I'd still gain 10 pounds just because I can eat so dang much of them. Just be sure to buy 800 oz of soda at every gas stop. That's what road trips are for.

Brittany said...

I'm pretty sure that does not qualify as treats.

Mimi said...

So that's what my brother is upto. Vegas FUN! Hummus and rice crackers, not FUN!

CoCo said...

Green Mike & Ike's are just like cucumbers, right?

Greg and Jayne said...

I am totally objective and I can't think of a brighter, lovelier, more talented 27 yer old than you. Several other ages as well.

The verification word is mologati - doesn't that sound anthropological? A tribe in deepest someplace.

Naomi said...

No Cadbury Mini Eggs?

Who are these people?

i i eee said...

What Naomes said.

Seriously, next time we should time this better, and we should stay for freebie in St. George and shop in Vegas. Goods.

Jen and Joe said...

your always welcome to crash at my place in St. george