Thursday, February 28, 2008

Up

Why at midnight and with only a page and a half left to write for a midterm paper due in the morning do I keep distracting myself with other things? Because in the last hour I've made little paper progress but I have:

-designed a Timbuk2 bag on the Timbuk2 site (for now I picked grey, green and a maroon for my panel colors)
-addressed a letter
-checked my google reader 1 million times
-messed around with my iTunes library
-checked my e-mail
-gotten distracted over and over halfway through I Grieve because it's on repeat and it's so beautiful when Peter Gabriel sings:

"I GRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE.....for you. And yoooooou LEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE.....me."

man, the heartache.
( then I also love near the end, the last time he's like "life carries on and on AND on and on, life carries on and on, AND on" and it splits into cool harmonies)
-blog

And this quick little paper about the non-nutritional goals of punk cuisine at a vegan cafe in Seattle is pretty interesting so it's not that I'm bored with my subject. I just can't seem to do anything I'm supposed to do, when I'm supposed to do it.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh yes. Dan used to always ask me why I would do my homework with the tv on mute. It was because I always had to check what was on while I was working so it was just easier to leave it on so I could see at a glance. There are so many things to check and do while you should be working. I completely know what you're talking about. And I think I need me that song. Thank you Clifford family for always telling me what I should be listening to.

Brittany said...

Man Callie and I used to listen to I Grieve so much in high school. I don't really know why, but. Hey and good work on the pants!

Whits said...

Its 6 am. This is my 2nd night in a row staying up late to write this 15 page paper on health insurance laws which is so incredibly boring I could cry. (I haven't yet).

I'm on page 8. I'm quitting at 12.

I can't even tell you what I've done the past 2 days to procrastinate doing this paper. The list would have about 50 bullet points. This post hits a little too close to home. :)