Tuesday, June 14, 2011

baby sister

We discussed on Sunday that from here on out every ten years, for just six months, the baby sister and I will be in the same generalized decade of life. Which for now, is our 20s.

To see her just starting while I'm on my way out made me realize that despite being mostly boring, I've got a pretty great 20s to look back on. There are things I wish I'd done, some caution I wish I'd thrown to the wind, but you know...what else can boring expect? Watching Elizabeth blow out candles I knew I wouldn't change her places and that makes me think I'm maybe on the right track.

In so many ways I can't believe she's 20 years old. But in other ways, the girl who has also seemed like such a little adult is adding on years to catch up with grownup brain and clever wit that are in there.

Happy 20s, Be Bopper!

No comments: