Tuesday, December 14, 2010

where no one stands alone


I started watching Justified when it started earlier this year and I was so into it (so into Timothy Olyphant), that I decided it was high time to get around to watching the other great series he was in, HBO's short lived Deadwood.

With my deep affection for both television and all things western it has been the love of my life the past few months. The characters are well written and I love that there are really great female leads (Calamity Jane!). The acting knocks your socks off (Swearengen) and the attention to detail is spectacular. Aaron and I have just started the third and final season and I can't say enough good about it even though it has some some rough stuff (cus brothels) and some of the absolute worst language I've ever heard (so don't watch it Mom).

It's amazing and I'm going to be sad when we finish it up soon, which is why I can't wait for what looks like a truly great Western film for Christmas Day release.


I can't wait cus:
a) cowboys,
b) the Coen Brothers,
c) Jeff Bridges with one eye, and
d) RETRIBUTION

5 comments:

kai said...

Aaron is a lucky man to have a wife who loves westerns.

Bebe McGooch said...

I'm excited for True Grit too, since I grew up watching John Wayne movies with my dad, and I remember the original. This version looks amazing!

Try not to be too sad when Deadwood is just suddenly over with.

Naomi said...

I'm actually a bit sad that they've redone True Grit because I really don't think anyone can outdo John Wayne.

k8 said...

this will be a much better Christmas Day movie than "benjamin forrest gump button."

Ems said...

I'm excited cus the awesome thing about the Coen Brothers is that I don't think they went into it to 'outdo' John Wayne. Anything I've read or heard refers to the film as based on the novel, so I feel like since the very original is a book, it's open for more than one film adaptation.