Thursday, December 9, 2010

christmas don't be late

Two years ago for Christmas Aaron gave me the best ever Christmas gift of nice speakers. He then went home to California for Christmas and Naomi took off to Montana so I found myself alone in my E Street apartment for a few days. Mostly I switched between listening to Kid Cudi's mix tape and the Rosie Thomas Christmas album louder than I'd listened to anything before and at an amazing sound quality level. It was awesome and A Very Rosie Christmas became a favorite (though of course Amy Grant will still always hold a place in my heart).

The past few weeks I've been trading between it and the latest Black Keys in my car (I guess I always need a Christmas music offset) and while her Christmas Don't Be Late and O Come O Come Emmanuel might be my very favorite versions of both, I can't find youtube videos of them. But her cover of River is also really great and conveniently youtube available.



But in case you want those other two, links below!
Rosie Thomas - O Come O Come Emmanuel
Rosie Thomas - Christmas Don't Be Late

1 comment:

Mimi said...

All I want for Christmas is a best of Emily Christmas songs CD. Is that alot to ask for?