Tuesday, March 9, 2010

lets call the whole thing off

We have, what I thought was a harmless, Nike+ challenge going on at work through the end of March. I knew that I'd gotten lazy in the months since the Vegas Ragnar Relay we ran in the fall, so I figured it would be a fun way to get back on track for the upcoming spring and summer season. The challenge was friendly but my participating co-workers are all possessed by running devils so the fact that I ran 23 miles last week still means I'm in last place. Last place! And I'm not even training for anything particular (besides the race to look good in a wedding dress)! I'm going to run like crazy the remaining few weeks of the challenge cus hot damn I'm not going to end in last place, but then I will make a mental note to never agree to join them in a 'friendly' running challenge again.

To finish with enough miles, this week I have created a new running playlist entitled Run to Wed (for at least some longer term motivation) with some new songs as well as old goodies; I feel like half my life now consists of my iPod in my ears.

Here are some favorites in case you got yourself accidentally mixed up with the wrong crowd too...






1 comment:

Bob Conlon said...

be sure to join the new challenge we started!