Friday, October 30, 2009

I was a gypsy like 3 years in a row in elementary school cus I was allowed to wear big hoop earrings and a bunch of my mom's scarves and jewelry. Like mother like daughter I suppose cus my make-shift office party costume today came completely from my own wardrobe this morning.


But I've said it before- I'm a bit of a fair weather Halloween fan. Like New Year's Eve, in theory it's ripe for a crazy party evening...but oh so often it just ends up kind of falling more on the mellow end. Which is fine by me in these years until I have little babies I can dress up as hot dogs (I will dress my children like hot dogs). I'm glad though I did a couple of social pre-Halloween activities; I've gotten all the spirit of the season and pumpkin treats without any of the plastic costume and spray on hair paint smell.

Like pumpkin carving at the 3rd Annual Pumpkin Carving Party...

and pumpkin vomiting,

and Pac-Man jack-o-lanterns.

Or Aaron looking so cute and domestic in the kitchen preparing leaf tortilla chips

to go with his Halloween 7 layer bean dip,

which we took to our friend Dallas' very specific Martha Stewart Halloween Dessert Party (I made the pumpkin tart with the spider web on it).

And I even kind of wore a costume when Brita and I tried on our prizes for winning the food appearance competition.


Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Love the Aaron's apron. Glad to see he's doing some cooking. His bean dip was so festive! How did it taste? Oh and you deserve to win the dessert award, your tart looked very "martha!"

frances said...

i love that kitchen! so much. (also, fyi, once the weather turns cold that dining room window leaks like crazy. if it's not still there from last winter, you should get zafod to come put some plastic over it to help keep in the heat.)