Tuesday, October 6, 2009

a good kind of crazy

So I will find out more about Caitlin's dress for all interested persons...cus yeah, amazing.

However this week's focus is not weddings, but rather, running. During the fun and excitement of Wasatch Back in June, Aaron convinced me and 10 others to do the Vegas version of the race in October. At the time I thought, "Of course! Look how much fun we're having! It'll keep me in shape!"

Now, 4 days before the race I feel a bit differently. We've been frantically scrambling and scrambling to find a last minute replacement for the team and YESTERDAY got one. Then big shocker...I haven't been training very much. And finally, this is the first time anyone has done this race so it's a little stressful (to me) to go into it with so many unknown variables.

But of course, on the flip side, I will get to see nephew Garrett since his mama is running. Since we ran Wasatch Back we get special finish line medals that read "Saints to Sinners". And while Ted Danson will live forever, our Vegas t-shirts are also awesome.

Oh yeah, and it'll be like 80 Degrees in Vegas so I'll get some sunshine since Utah decided to be winter already. So I guess the pros outweigh my grumpy cons.

In fact, anybody want to run the Northwest Passage next July?!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Love your shirts, those are rad! I think it's awesome that they're giving saints to sinners medals. (but I confess, it took me a second to figure that one out).

I'm sure you'll have a blast! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Katy and Mike said...

Emily you are my running hero! I think it's so cool that you're doing this, and I'm sure it will be a blast regardless of all the last minute craziness. Next time you need an extra team member check with Mike. He's a great runner, and he's putting in for the Wasatch 100 lottery for next year, so if he gets in he'll need plenty of training, and he needs to get in some middle of the night training too.

Dainon. said...

I will pay cash money if there are any extra T-shirts lying about.

CoCo said...

Why didn't you use the t-shirt as a carrot? I would've blown off grad school and work for THAT!