Tuesday, October 27, 2009

baby it's cold outside

I meant to post about these in the spring when they were $34 all over the place. But I didn't and alas, the price is back up to their usual $60 a pop. However, since it has started to SNOW around here, it's still a good time to pass on this gem.




Since Katie worked for Tretorn, I got the maroon pair of boots pictured above last winter and they were by far my favorite cold weather item. They are great, like GREAT for winter. It's tricky to find winter boots that actually do snow duty and wear all day duty. I don't want to tromp through snow drifts in leather boots and I don't want to sweat inside all day in rubber rain boots. These Tretorns though hit at mid-calf so they're light and they're lined inside so you don't even have to wear socks. I found they are awesome to slip on when running a quick errand or out to my car. I wore them when we went bird watching in the thick mud and they were great and super easy to clean. I wore them to the rainy, outside Lupe Fiasco concert and they were comfortable and warm to stand in all night. I wore them on this day after Christmas when it snowed a bunch and Joel and I were clearing the 3 feet of snow off the sidewalks and our cars. I wish I'd taken them to Santa Cruz this past spring for the cool evenings and mornings there.

I have a testimony of these boots because they are cute and very functional. You can find them in lots of internet stores, but I like Piperlime cus they have free shipping and free returns.

4 comments:

brendaheaton said...

I would just like to add my testimony that these are great boots. I traipsed through the grimy, wet streets of NYC for a 12 hour rainy day trip and my feetsies never felt more dry and surprisingly supported. Please bless that Katie gets some kick backs from this free advertising. Amen.

corinne said...

great. now i feel i really NEED to buy these and i had just decided to stop spending money FOREVER MORE. thanks for the tip, and your testimony. if i love these you can count me as one of your converts.

Ems said...

corinne, I promise you won't be disappointed! plus the bottom blue pair is actually on sale on the Tretorn site for $46.

corinne said...

emily, i almost made the mistake of buying the sale ones. it would have been a major FAIL because they are not faux-fur lined. this would have been a travesty!!! all the piperlime tretorns are out of my size (boo hoo!) so i have to pay for shipping on the tretorn site i guess. i can't wait to be a convert to these boots!