Thursday, May 7, 2009

explode

The second little member of Clifford: The Next Generation was born this morning! There is no Clifford paparazzi in San Francisco so it could be a normal person time frame before I have photos. He was a whopping 9 lbs 3 oz and since Sterling and Megan called him Ox all through the pregnancy (its the year of the ox) the unnamed child is still going by Ox for now. Apparently we don't like immediately naming babies in this family (UPDATE: Its Garrett! I'm going to call him Gary and see if Sterling kills me).

Also apparently we make sure babies have the same birth months as their fathers; Morgan was born July 15th, two weeks before Christopher's birthday and now little Ox has arrived just a few weeks ahead of Sterling's May 30th birthday. So I guess Kristen has to get pregnant next February to stay on track for Logan's November birthday! Oh and then maybe Katie or I should work on getting married at least?

You know, we existed for so long in my family as six siblings, adding fantastic in-laws here and there. I've wondered how offspring would change our dynamics, if we could stay as close when individual families became the focus. But its been such a delight the past 10 months watching Morgan grow into his sweet and thoughtful little personality and having that tiny human turn all of the adults around him into mush. I can't wait to see who Ox becomes too in the coming months and years and to stare at pictures of him and to count down days until visits back and forth. Its exciting to think about how these oldest boy cousins will interact with each other and how they'll be the big boys to the babies the rest of us will eventually produce. I love thinking about it all, I love this stage of my family more than I could have ever expected and I love that May 7th is a new birthday to add to my list.

6 comments:

Anne said...

Yay for new babies!! Congrats Auntie Emily!

Christopher Clifford said...

Ha! I was telling Tasha that I'm going to call him Gary.

Looks like he has a new nick name.

Ems said...

yes! I think at least there will be safety in numbers if a couple of us are calling him Gary.

k8 said...

gar-y gar-y gar-y!

CoCo said...

welcome to the world Gary!

Actually, I'm just going to call him G.I. Clifford. What's up tough guy.

i i eee said...

Ooh yay for G.I. the Cliff!

This sounds really sappy, but I hope one day when I have kids they'll be tight with each other like you are with your siblings. It's so awesome.