Wednesday, April 13, 2011

anonanimal

I'm not pregnant by the way. I'd like to think Aaron and I will take one completely indulgent vacation before that happens, so you can start wondering once pictures from The Canary Islands or somewhere equally exciting show up on my blog!

I sit in an office all day every day during the week. I have a tall window next to my desk and though it looks out onto a parking lot below me, I can look up and out to the distance and see the north end of the Wasatch mountain range and the sky above both it and me. Besides the dumb snow ruining weekends, I don't mind the cold weather lately because it's been beautiful to watch in the sky. I have seen cotton ball clouds sitting on top of the mountains while darker ones creep over my building, and the other way around. I have seen the sun fighting to take over a gray sky in the morning and kept tabs on the back and forth battle between the two the rest of the day. And I've watched and listened as tree tops blow in a wind that seems to be warning them and me it's not yet time for shady tree picnics.

As long as it comes soon, I'm okay for now because I love watching the weather and creating an appropriate soundtrack for it while I sit all day. Yesterday's hint of warm felt like Ray LaMontagne, while Andrew Bird has fit perfectly with today's sunny then stormy story.

3 comments:

L to the I to the Z said...

BA-BY! BA-BY! C'mon, like, everyone and their mother are having babies these days. I have two new nephews at home! :)

This post reads beautifully. I've been thinking a lot lately of my SLC friends and the good ol'days. I miss you and your mixes.

Naomi said...

We continue to be on the same wavelength. I listened to a lot of Andrew Bird today for the first time in a long time.

Kristina said...

This post reminds me of my old view of the foothills behind the U where I was just close enough to watch lucky bastards hike the ridge without me. I know exactly what that ridge looks like in every season and I always will.

um, also, the captcha for me to publish this is "lizin."