Thursday, October 28, 2010

impossible soul

My aunt Barb lost her battle with Pancreatic Cancer last week. There was a funeral in St. George on Monday and then a service in Logan yesterday where her earthly remains will rest; comforting opportunities for family members and friends to say goodbye.

So I'm sad for my grandparents who buried a child and for Aunt Barb's 3 kids who, though young adults, won't have their mom around anymore. And I'm sad for my own mother and other aunt and two uncles who lost a sibling. But Barb was very sick and really ready to go, so everyone is glad she is somewhere better.

And I'm glad that though funerals are so sad, they are also a chance for family to gather together and express all kinds of emotions and hug each other a little more than usual.







5 comments:

Bebe McGooch said...

Sorry for your loss. {{{hugs}}}

Naomi said...

I am in love with these pictures.

k8 said...

these are great photos em.

pburt said...

Like.

Greg and Jayne said...

I swear I responded to this. I just love these photos! Such a nice feeling about the family and I love that you ended with Logan and Morgan. Barbie would be so pleased.