Thursday, February 4, 2010

fans

When I was 17 I thought I might want to study film in college so I volunteered for the Sundance Film Festival my senior year and watched like 30 movies and fell in love with it. And then ever year since (except the one I was in Armenia) I've been involved. The past 4 years I've helped with all of the Salt Lake theatres during the festival, just making sure the managers have everything they need and that the screenings are running correctly. It's busy on top of my real job, but it's a lot of fun and I love seeing Sundance friends and volunteers throughout the whole thing. This year I only saw 7 or 8 films cus I guess in my old age I get worn out too fast or something.

So since Sundance ended Monday I've been nice and boring the last few days...catching up on TV, working out, and sleeping. But before I blog about those exciting things, let me give you my high brow reviews of a couple of movies.

If you like anthropologists fighting, then see this documentary.

If you like Philip Seymore-Hoffman being a surprisingly sweet Philip Seymour Hoffman then see this.

If you like crazy Frenchmen and street art then see this one.

And if you like Hallmark channel movies then see this one.

(do not Google Get Low images)

2 comments:

heather said...

Are you trying reverse psychology on me? Cuz it will work every time!

Bebe McGooch said...

freals. like I'm not going to google image now.

I totally want to Hallmark it up with Bill.

I will tell you something missy, believe me or not, but the minute you get married, you will suddenly gain a soft spot for all things Hallmarkish and three-legged puppies and backwards orphans. Just you wait.