Friday, September 16, 2011

yesterday's blues

Hey Internet, did I ever tell you Christopher and Tasha and the boys moved to St. George a few months ago?

No, I know I didn't cus it's too depressing (just kidding) (kind of just kidding). When Tasha called me in April and told me they were moving I was like "that's great!" "that will be awesome!" "I'm so excited for you guys!"

And then I hung up the phone and burst into tears in front of a confused Aaron.

Because of course, I really was excited and so happy for them. That move was going to be (and has been) a great move. It was awesome that Christopher and Tasha searched together for answers and guidance for their family and when they found it, they went for it.


But duh...they are also pretty much my favorite humans and have made 2 of my other favorite humans and I miss them. Their entire marriage Christopher and Tasha have either lived 3 buildings away from me at my home or 3 blocks away from me at my office. I don't know how to buy clothes, plan parties, make decisions, or pretty much breath without immediately showing/talking/discussing with Tasha. I don't know how I would ever make pizza crust, fix weird car problems, camp, bike or do lots of other things without stopping by to get advice from Christopher first. And freak, I for sure don't know how to go much more than about a week without trying to convince Morgan to love me or freely getting one of Wyatt's million dollar smiles.

So I hope someday we can be neighbors and kids can run freely between houses and Tasha and I can watch trashy TV together with Sonic drinks and Christopher and Aaron can grill delicious dinners every night.

In the meantime though, I have loved having them stay with us during their Salt Lake visits and getting surprise Tasha packages in the mail and since they are just 5 hours away it means easy weekends trips and much warmer weather during our dreary winter.

(PS- I don't just keep family photos of my sibs on hand, I took these a few months ago at Liberty Park.)

3 comments:

CoCo said...

I am already missing their house ... I felt like that was my "Utah home." Of course, like you, I'm incredibly happy for them and their new adventure. I also pray that they continue to be prolific with ridiculously good looking humans.

k8 said...

that one of Christopher and Morgan is more cute than the internet can handle.

The Funderburks said...

Love that little family. It's nice having family in Southern Utah, huh? We love fall/winter because our family visits so much more.