Friday, March 4, 2011

she's my baby

When Aaron and I went to Vegas two weeks ago I knitted a gift for baby Zuzu. Christopher and Tasha hand delivered it last week to the little tiny all the way in New Zealand since they are there visiting (so jealous!) and this morning I was delighted to see this on Facebook:

Forget the hat, what a perfect little face!

I followed the pattern for a 3-6 month old since it's still summer in New Zealand and I wanted it to fit her in the cooler months, but of course, I didn't do a gauge with the yarn I bought (cus I don't understand gauges so instead of learning, I just ignore!).

But oh well, the owl is so cute and it's soft and pretty Alpaca so it can hang around for the dozens of other beautiful Maahs babies that are coming in the future...right Mike and Katie?

3 comments:

LuLuBelle said...

love the pattern. and i ignore gauges too. instead i just finish projects realize i want them bigger and start over with different yarn/needles/pattern adaptations. way easier than learning to gauge, right?

Kylie said...

Great job! I seriously want to make that too (someday when I finish bonnet #2). :)

elsa bags said...

that hat (& baby) is the cutest thing ever! please teach me