Tuesday, March 22, 2011

desert eagle

I didn't really make any resolutions at the new year cus I always break them, but I've decided to make one after this weekend; go to Moab more often than once every 15 years. It's close, there is tons to do and it's cute...all my favorite things.

The purpose of the trip was because back in December Naomi invited us to sign up for the Canyonlands Half Marathon with her. Assuming it would be a good motivation to get off winter pounds, we signed up. Wrong assumption! Neither of us trained, so luckily there was also a 5 mile run we could switch to and still get the half marathon t-shirt. Winning!

The fun of just 5 miles is that I carried my camera so Naomi and I could take pictures of each other along the way (note: posing for running photos is more difficult than one would think).

Five mile finishers,

Half Marathon finishers,

and what I get for trying to take more photos with both Aaron and me in them.

We went to Delicate Arch Saturday evening and I did a crappy job at photos except for this one (I love Diane's jump!).

Sunday morning Aaron and I were going to take a bike ride but it was much colder than I was prepared for in the cycling clothes department. So we went to Dead Horse Point which was a SPECTACULAR decision.



We have a May return trip in the works, I can't wait.

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Jealous times a million.
I miss those crazy red rocks and you and Naomz and camping.

heidikins said...

Gorgeous pics, and truly lovely ladies.

Oh, and Aaron is nice too. ;)

xox

k8 said...

moab is not a bad drive for me. just sayin'.

Mimi said...

I want to go there someday!!!!

The Funderburks said...

Cracks me up because I did the same thing a few years ago: switched from half to 5 mile at the last minute. It was such a cook race and yes, Moab=charm.

The Funderburks said...

*cool race not cook race.

Naomi said...

I love that I felt like I deserved to eat as much as the half marathoners AND that I am pretending to not know Natalie & Dianne in the arch.

It really was a lovely weekend.