Friday, January 29, 2010

this year

Tomorrow is my birthday (happy birthday to me!). And I guess I had a Saturday birthday like 7 years ago, but turns out a weekend birthday as a grown up feels the same way a weekend birthday felt in elementary school. WHO WILL REMEMBER ME IF IT'S NOT DURING THE WEEK?!?!? Just kidding, I don't love that concentrated kind of attention much, but you know how a weekday birthday sort of gives you a free pass? In elementary school you took treats to class and then maybe your mom picked you up early from school or something. And now at work on a birthday day you stroll in late, you take a long lunch with friends, you leave early to make your dinner reservations and it's all okay cus hey, it's your birthday! But tomorrow I'll still have to do laundry and grocery shop if I want clean clothes and food next week...so maybe I'll just pass on clean clothes and food next week, right?

1 comment:

Megan said...

somebody should grocery shop and do your laundry for you... cuz birthday?

Happy day ec.