Thursday, June 10, 2010

seize the day

I was a film major for many a year in my very long college career and the first thing anyone ever asked after I told them was, 'so what is your favorite movie?' I've never been one for those favorite questions because how can you absolutely and positively say that one color or food or candy or movie is your favorite? It's so much pressure.

However, my go to movie answer was always Newsies. Because I just I don't think any 10 year old girl who saw that movie can ever erase the heart tugging combination that is hot orphan boys and musicality (and then Christian Bale followed up with Swing Kids and Little Women sealing his fate as my early teen celebrity crush).

So yesterday when a friend posted this mash up on Facebook, I almost died with happiness.


And then of course that meant I had to spend 30 minutes looking up actual clips.

I'm so glad I live in a future where YouTube exists (and where Christian Bale is still so awesome).

4 comments:

heather said...

Now I need to see Newsies.

us said...

Brilliant! I love that. How did I not know you liked Newsies. I have such great memories of dancing with my sisters to that movie and soundtrack. One of my faves. Can still sing every word to every song. Thanks for the memory. Plus, anything with Lady Gaga rocks. I just got tickets for her tour next year. Let's hope she's not dead by then ;)

L to the I to the Z said...

I knew we got along so well for a reason.

april said...

Can't stop watching.